Last Sunday, we had a guest speaker in church since our head pastor wasn’t around. He tackled about the prayer of Jabez (1 Chronicles 4: 9-10) and here are a few things I have learned which I would want to share with everyone:
1. Your miracle is in your mouth.
– As mentioned in Proverbs 18:21a (NIV), The tongue has the power of life and death… So choose your words. Whatever you choose to happen will surely do – just declare it, mean it, believe it.
2. God’s righteousness made us totally accepted –> deeply loved –> highly favored –> greatly blessed.
– What God could have expected from us was finished at the Cross by our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
3. We are IN Christ and we share in His glory.
– Having Christ as our Lord and Savior made us one with Him. And with such, we were crucified with Him and we share in his glory.
4. As we became ONE with Christ, we were not just appointed King but also, Priest (1 Peter 2:9)
– Like kings, we have the right TO DECREE what will happen in our life and as PRIEST, we are the ones APPRAISING what we’re worth.
5. Other people may label you whatever but you can choose to acknowledge it or not.
– Jabez got his name from his mother who said she has “given birth in pain” but the book of Chronicles mentioned that Jabez is honorable, and that’s what he believed in life and in return, experience the fullness of God’s blessings.